Friday, January 4, 2013

Introduction

I thought I would create a blog just to voice my opinion on things. World events, being a mother, debates, politics, etc. I had a blog on Livejournal.com but I didn't use it everyday. So I'm starting 2013 with a blog that I will use everyday. I don't know if anyone will actually read this or not. That's not why I'm blogging. I'm doing this for myself. To accomplish something while looking for a job and taking care of my seven month old daughter.

I guess I should start off by introducing myself. My name is Sheila. I'm thirty years old (thirty-one in March). I have a beautiful seven month old daughter, Julia. She wasn't expected and her father and I are not together. However he loves her with all his heart and I couldn't not ask for more than that. I just graduated from American Career Institute, majoring in Medical Assisting. Graduation was last November where I was awarded First Honors. I currently live at home with my mother. I'm on Government Assistance and am awaiting a place to live in my town. Which I hope is soon. I love to read books. I have a HUGE pile of To Be Read bookshelf. Book stores are a DANGER! With money being so tight, I avoid book stores as much as possible. Going to be rough tomorrow as my daughters father just mentioned on going to Savers tomorrow. If you don't know what Savers is: Its a thrift store like a Salvation Army type place. I buy my daughters clothes second hand as a way to save money. Luckily I have great friends who look out for cool outfits too.

I am currently looking for a job. I need one badly. I don't get much from the state plus rent for living at home. It's cheap but not when on a fixed income. I'm still lucky that I don't pay for Internet or heating and electric. Although I will when I get housing. I do not own a car so it hard to get around. I rely on my daughters father and my mother. My best friend, also the Godmother to my daughter comes down on weekends and watches Julia while I get stuff done around the house. I don't have too many friends. Actually aside from Alison, I don't talk to/hang around with anyone else. I talk to a lot of friends on Face book, whom I talk to regularly. Most that I really talk to live further away across the country. Boo.

Well I'm going to leave this as my first official post. Time to think up some topics to have opinions on. :)

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment