Monday, January 7, 2013

Headlines: President Obama Picks

First off let me say I am not a fan of President Obama. My Facebook page has real negative statements about our President. I get called a racist for not liking him which is not true. I don't like his policies, his way of thinking, his mannerisms, etc. He came out of no where during the Presidential election of 2008. I voted for Mitt Romney back in the primaries. After of which he dropped out. So I went with Sen. McCain. I'm down as an Independent, however I'm more with the Conservative values of this nation. I'm Pro-Life, Pro-God, Pro-Gun.

The Pro-Life prospective was instituted by my mother. My mother is a Irish Roman Catholic and VERY strict in her faith. Always has been. I was a Fallout Catholic ever since I was confirmed in 1998. I would get into major trouble smuggling in Game Boys, Walkmans, Cosmo magazines, and books. One parishioner took away my book when I was sitting in choir and ripped the whole book in half. A friend of my mothers said "If she won't respect the church, then let her stay at home." So after that I was allowed to stay home on Sundays and slept in.

Now that I got pregnant and had a baby, not to mention still live at home, my mother told me I had to go back. It's been seven months now and I go willingly every Sunday. Mom tries to say I also have to attend mass on Holy Days of Obligation. I talked my way out of a November Holy Day. I couldn't talk my way out of the New Year's Day one. At least my daughter attends with me and she can be a huge distraction in itself. Only once has she acted up so much that I had to take her outside into the cold so she could calm down. I hate getting stares from people I don't know when she starts to get antsy.

Back to the Obama Picks for the CIA director and the nomination for the Pentagon chief. There is an uproar from what I understand about these two decisions.

First the nomination of defense secretary, Chuck Hagel. I have heard that he said something insensitive about the Jewish community (ie Israel, a top American ally), he wanted deep budget cuts to the military, and he angered fellow Republicans about opposing war in Iraq, Afghanistan and Iran. Not to mention a gay remark he made and NOW apologies for that remark.

Its just a nomination. Granted its by the President but I'm sure there will be a vote on it by the cabinet or some other legislators. I don't know that much about how these things are run as that goes. I don't think there is a special election on this by the people of the United States but I could be very wrong.

As far as the other nomination of the CIA director, John Brennan, I don't think the former CIA director, Peterus should have stepped down. Yes, he was the one who had an affair with the woman writing a book on him. We still don't have evidence that he gave away private information that would put this country at risk. Face it, a lot of government officials are having affairs but most times it affects their integrity but not the aspect of their jobs.

Another criticism is that under the Bush administration, Brennan had tough interrogation tactics that some found to be uncalled for. He also supports the Drone process which is a spacecraft that is unmanned to cause deadly attacks on countries we are war with. Which I understand is a tactic to keep our military armed forces safer. But what about the innocent woman and children that get killed by these drone attacks?

It'll be interesting in the days ahead to see what comes out. Another thing I dislike is how the media can be so deceptive!


No comments:

Post a Comment